#hashfootery: simple and fun score prediction game for Twitter
This is the home of score prediction fun on Twitter during the football season (including World Cups and European Championships). Any twitter user can take part, just login via Twitter and start making your predictions.
World Cup hashfootery
- We're predicting every game at Brasil 2014
- Don't forget your Specials
- The first 32 players to enter Specials predictions will qualify for the singles knockout
- We have a 3-player-per-team knockout called the Brazilian Triangles
Glenn Joyce won the double in 2012-13
Typically, three to four matches will be selected each weekend and each will be assigned a hashtag. Follow @hashfootery on Twitter for the heads up on which scores are to be predicted. Usually the featured matches will be from the English Premier League, but this is not always possible. Matches may be selected from other leagues and other countries.
Submitting your score predictions
Score predictions can be submitted at any time up until kickoff, either by tweeting your prediction (on matchdays) with the appropriate hashtag or by entering your prediction on this website. Predictions submitted via Twitter will be acknowledged by an automatic tweet from the @hashfooteryBot account mentioning your Twitter username. Score predictions cannot be amended via Twitter. If you wish to make a correction to your prediction prior to kickoff, this can be done on this website.
How the scoring works
- If you correctly predict the score in a match, you get 3 points
- If your score prediction was incorrect, but you got the outcome correct (i.e. drawn game, winning team), you get 1 point
Paul Chambers won the double in 2011-12
Knockout - singles, doubles, 5-a-side
We have a big singles knockout every season (Nov-May) and are now trying some team hashfootery formats with a doubles tournament running Oct-Feb and a 5-a-side knockout over March, April and May 2014.